Benefits of reused wastewater
The following Benefits of reused wastewater are commonly recognised:
- An additional contribution to water resources; either as a new water resource or as an alternative water resource that can be used for applications that do not require drinking water quality, leaving water with a good quality available for the urban water supply.
- A reduction of costs of the treatment and the disposal of wastewater; reuse will offer an economical advantage when the quality quirements for the reclaimed water are lower than the water quality standards for discharging of the effluent into surface water;
- A reduction of the pollutant load to surface water, when reuse involves agricultural, landscape or forest irrigation; irrigation with reclaimed water provides an opportunity for organic substances to be degraded through biochemical processes in the soil into its mineral components; this may eventually be assimilated by plants;
- A reduction, postponement, or cancellation of new drinking water treatment facilities, with the positive consequence on natural water courses and water costs; – The beneficial use of nutrients (nitrogen and phosphorous) in reclaimed water, when it is used for agricultural and landscape irrigation (golf courses);
- A considerably higher reliability and uniformity of the available water flows; urban wastewater flows are usually much more reliable than most rivers and streams in semi-arid areas.
The Common reused wastewater treatment or reclamation technology according to different output treated water quality standards required
1) Micro- and Ultrafiltration system is widely for surfacewater or river water or seawater treatment.
2) Multimedia filtration system + Activated Carbon Filtration System
3) Biological + MBR Membrane as one of the advanced treatment municipal wastewater
4) Nano or RO System for high standards requirement of output water or drinking purpose or industry application.
Hinada is the leading manufacturer of water and wastewater treatment equipment, any requriement or solutons please contact with us.